Equity Income Unit Trust
This Fund aims to achieve a good income yield as well as capital growth. It provides some protection against volatility (compared with stocks with no or low dividend yield). Here are some of the key features of our Equity Income Unit Trust:
To provide an above-average income, without guarantees, together with the potential for capital growth over the longer term.
Who is the Fund suitable for?
This Fund is suitable for clients who are:
- Seeking income as well as capital growth over the longer term
- Prepared to accept a moderate level of volatility
- Investing for the longer term (at least five years)
Target income yield
This Fund does not target a specific income yield.
How is income paid?
Income is paid half-yearly, shortly after 15 April and 15 October every year. The income is not smoothed.
Why recommend the UK Equity Income Fund?
Here are some of the reasons why we think our UK Equity Income Unit Trust is a good choice for you and your clients:
- The Fund is actively managed by an experienced investment team with a strong performance record.
- The Fund is first quartile amongst its peers over one year and five years, however third quartile over three years (Source: Lipper, 30 September 2018)
- We manage the Fund in a highly disciplined and rigorous way. There is less focus on the benchmark, allowing greater investment in mid-cap stocks that offer greater growth potential
- We don’t just chase companies with big dividends; we invest in established, stable and profitable companies to achieve sustainable income growth
- Unlike other funds in this sector, we use our European knowledge and expertise to identify excellent opportunities across the continent, not just the UK
How is the Fund invested?
The Fund typically invests 80% in UK stocks, around 30% of which is in mid-sized companies offering excellent growth prospects. We tend to avoid very large companies where growth is less likely and where, at present, we believe some dividends are at risk. We use our superior knowledge and expertise across Europe to identify opportunities in sectors that don’t have high-performing UK companies. We typically invest between 16% and 20% into European stocks.
What are the charges?
The Fund has a low-cost, transparent charging structure, with an annual management charge of 0.5% and an estimated ongoing charge of 0.6%.
Find out more
If you would like more information on the Equity Income Unit Trust, please visit our Funds Prices, Performance and Documents Tool where you can find Factsheets, Key Features and Past Performance data for our Funds.