Treating Customers Fairly
Both the government and regulatory bodies now demand that the financial services sector demonstrates its commitment to investors through education, openness and the principles of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF).
We are committed to meeting these principles. The TCF principles relevant to Santander Asset Management UK are set out below:
- Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
- Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
- Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
- Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
How do we measure up? For the last six years, we have won the Gold Standard Award, which assesses firms against many of the TCF principles.